2×BuM IQ-X E compared to 1×Supernova M99 mini pure-45

cj0

The lighting shape of the WaW N3-nose with dual IQ-X E is small and long. I did wish to compare that to the light shape of the Supernova M99 mini pure-45. So I purchased such a pure-45 a GoPro mount and a Caruba SCM-1X suction cup mount. The suction mount was placed between the two IQ-X lights and adapted to so that the Supernova light was at the same height as the Busch und Müller's (for an equal comparison). The difference is that the Supernova was ±25cm further in front of the BuM's.

Comparison #1 long staight road with white side lines:
Ikea DSC03576 Bumm.JPG
Ikea DSC03573 Supernova.JPG The lower picture is the Supernova.

Another staight road (now not while driving) without side markings:
Recht2 DSC02772 Bumm.JPG Recht2 DSC02781 Supernova.JPG
The order is identical: top = 2×B&M, bottom = 1×Supernova

A curve to the left is approaching (while driving):
Bocht naar Links bord DSC01976 Bumm.JPGBocht naar Links bord DSC02706 Supr.JPG
Another curve to the left (with some amber illuminated clouds in the sky caused by the green houses around Delft):
Bocht naar Links schijnsel DSC01995 Bumm .JPG Bocht naar Links schijnsel DSC02235 Supr .JPG

And a bicycle approaching with the M99 mini Pure-45 (1 second difference between pictures), I can't see the face illuminated so that looks good to me (not blinded by me):
Tegemoetfietser DSC03075.JPG Tegemoetfietser DSC03076.JPG

And a last picture of the Supernova M99 mini pure-45 at night: a curve to the right:
Rechtsaf DSC02962 Supernova.JPG

not bad, but is it worth ist? I mean the Supernova is a bit wider to the sides, and maybe it sucks less battery compared with two IQ-X_E's, but lightwise the difference doesn't look dramatic to me.
And, maybe, the Lämpie MK4 is even better?
http://laempie.de/?Scheinwerfer___MK_IV#

If find the IQ-X-Es clearly superior - seems to really be a question of personal preference.

Cheers,

Tim

not bad, but is it worth ist?

Die breite Lichtkegel aus das Supernova's M99 gefällt mich besser als die Zigarre die aus die IQ-X kommt. Das seht mann ein bisschen in das Unterschied der Bilder "A curve to the left is approaching (while driving):". Mann seht links in die Kurve und am Straßenrand etwas mehr Details. Die Actioncam hat nicht genügend Dynamikumfang, um die Töne in den dunklen Bereichen wiederzugeben. Vielleicht sollte ich die Unterschiede noch einmal mit einer besseren Kamera fotografieren?

Wenn mann nur auf Helligkeit achtet (also als Lichtkanone) denn gewinnt offensichtlich das IQ-X.

The question for me is why not to divergate the two beams of the IQx? The sum should deliver a very broad beam with sufficient bang in the middle.
Or are those pictures already the result of such a configuration?

Der grose Vorteil von zwei Leuchten, im Gegensatz zu einer Einzigen sehr hellen ist, dass man die zwei Leuchten in der Ferne und Nähe unterschiedlich ausrichten kann, was ganz sicher ein deutlicher Vorteil ist.
Trotzdem finde ich eine einzige Leuchte sehr viel cooler

wie wurden die Bilder gemacht ?
feste Belichtungszeit/Blende/ISO ?

weil wenn ich mir die beiden hier anschaue:
Himmel.JPG

@cj0
The M99 has a wider beam, but it seems both fail in curves.
Maybe you could put in the two IQ-X in a V-array. One slightly rotated to the left, one to the right.

Ich bin auch beide gefahren und habe mich letztendlich für die Supernova entschieden weil: Die Leuchtweitengrenze ist wie mit dem Lineal gezogen und lässt sich super exakt einstellen. Außerdem ist das Licht zu den Seiten "weich". Bei der IXO ist auch da eine harte Kante hinter der man absolut nix mehr sieht. Das ist bei der Supernova viel angenehmer. Dazu kommt noch weniger Stromverbrauch und ein Scheinwerfer sieht einfach besser aus ;)

Sorry...ja ich meine die M99 mini pure 45 und die IQ-X E.
Meine Stromversorgung ist ein 3S2P aus 18650 Zellen. Damit läuft meine Lichtanlage mit Bremslicht und Blinkern etwa 5 Stunden. Kabelquerschnitte weiß ich nicht mehr auswendig, waren aber sehr moderat.

Zurück
Oben Unten