BIG news !!! Jan from VelomobileWorld just announced that the Alpha 9 will be made in XL and M sizes.

Current Alpha 9 (the XL) seems sub-optimal for me since I currently just fit into normal DF. But the Alpha 9 M size might be just right. I'll be looking forward to watching this progress.

PS - Apologies for writing in English.

BIG news !!! Jan from VelomobileWorld just announced that the Alpha 9 will be made in XL and M sizes.
Falls das kein verspäteter Aprilscherz ist, ist die M-Version dann die Snoek Konkurrenz? Und Leute die gerade so nicht ins M passen und fürs XL eigentlich noch zu klein sind, gibts dann das A7?

Falls das kein verspäteter Aprilscherz ist, ist die M-Version dann die Snoek Konkurrenz? Und Leute die gerade so nicht ins M passen und fürs XL eigentlich noch zu klein sind, gibts dann das A7?
Vielleicht ist es ja auch die kommerzielle (rumänische) Alternative zum Anus äh After 7. Dann wäre auch die Namensproblematik gelöst :)

Definitiv nicht. Das wird die Schrumpfvariante des A9 und wird schneller als das After 7 werden. Ich freue mich schon sehr darauf.

Einen GT MK2 mit 21kg habe ich heute in Dömitz gesehen, schon ein paar Jahre auf dem Buckel aber immer noch top!
21kg oder doch eher 31kg? Mein GT MK2 in Carbon von 2012 soll 27kg haben. Gehe mit der umfangreichen Elektrik und Haube eher von ca. 30kg aus, müsste ich aber mal wiegen. Die Elektrik der Beleuchtung wurde bei dem Exemplar ab Werk sehr aufwendig gemacht, inkl. zweier Stromkreise, Lichtkanone, der ersten Lupine Betty als Fernlicht und Sonderanfertigung der Spiegel mit integrierten (Warn-) Blinkern.

Finde den Wal auch sehr interessant, mit vielen sinnvollen Detail Verbesserungen.
Ins A7 und DF XL passe ich wohl nicht, zumindest aktuell. Im GT liegen meine Schultern und Arme quasi Luftdicht an der Hülle an. Aber da ist beim Systemgewicht noch Potenzial nach unten.
Das ein Hohes Volumen kein Garant für die Eignung eines VM für Große bzw. Breite Fahrer ist beweist meine Leiba X-Stream, dort haben meine Unterschenkel teilweise Kontakt mit den Radkästen und der Sitz lässt sich zwar für etwas größere Fahrer noch weiter nach hinten setzen aber dann nimmt er die Funktion der nicht existenten zweiten Umlenkrolle an.
Wird der A9 mehr Bodenfreiheit haben als der GT? Aber meiner ist da eh kein Maßstab da die Federn zu weich sind und ich häufig aufliege, Federn hab ich da aber muss es mal komplett zerlegen.

Current Alpha 9 (the XL) seems sub-optimal for me since I currently just fit into normal DF. But the Alpha 9 M size might be just right. I'll be looking forward to watching this progress.

PS - Apologies for writing in English.
For those that are asking, Jan sent out the text below in his newsletter which I subscribe to. Because its a newsletter sent out to all that subscribe, I assume I am ok to post here as well.

"Alpha 9 Series Update

As you maybe already noticed on some platforms, Daniel is working on the Alpha 9. The first Alpha 9 prototype is currently built. Two three weeks ago Daniel presented the prototype of the Alpha 9 at World Championship in the Netherlands.

Right now is decided that the Alpha 9 will come in a M and in a XL size, the model which is showed will be the XL size and the M size will be started in the coming months and is planned to be ready in early spring of 2022 for production.

Jan has been at Daniels place a couple of weeks ago to see how the Alpha 9 XL need to be build. Unfortunately Jan couldn't cycle with it, but one thing was sure that the Alpha 9 XL is build for big people. According to Daniel measurements the Alpha 9 is faster than Alpha 7 on the slope/gradient with 0.5 km at 50 km/h.

The names for the type distinction is not set but for this newsletter we used M and XL.

Alpha 9 (XL) is available to order at your dealer. We will make sure the dealer can order it and you will come on the order list of VelomobileWorld.com. It is not sure yet 100% when we start production. We hope this year still but as always with development, things can take sometimes a bit longer as expected, it can be also in the begin of next year.

More info will come soon, until then see some picture & videos of the prototype below."

Does anyone know what the definition of "M" is?

Will that have the knee clearance of a DF or more like the Alpha7? I am hoping for Alpha7/After7 sizing.

Zurück
Oben Unten