Agilo velomobile

Dust and other workshop clutter have been building up in my living room since September. We are having Spring early this year and the extra light has made living in the same room with all that impossible so today - everything outside and general scrub down! I feel better!

Never, ever, ever build a vélomobile in your living room! It is not a good idea.

Es freut mich sehr zu sehen das jetzt der endspurt eingesetzt werden kann. Alle teile scheinen jetzt da zu sein.

And if you do check the width of the door first. By the way... did you? ;)

It doesn't fit French door width, my living room door is >80 cm<, Agilo is 85 cm wide. The apartment door is 93 cm so maybe I should have built in the hall? Well there is a 90 º corner to navigate... So it will go down the same way as the boat, 4 floors down on a rope. I think that will merit a short video :giggle:

Es freut mich sehr zu sehen das jetzt der endspurt eingesetzt werden kann. Alle teile scheinen jetzt da zu sein.

Missing:

- rear wheel, Ginkgo seems to have a rim shortage
- swing arm, to be decided when I get the rear wheel, for the moment it is a wood and carbon fibre project
- parts for the Alfine 8 (shifter, torque washers, etc.)
- Ventisit pad, the 84x28/25/28 cm (Flux. Zox) seems to be the best fit
- indicator switches and flasher relay
- front light
- polycarbonate for the windows - I know where I can get some but I can no longer pay with my Visa card because I don't have a mobile phone, this is called "progress" and "enhanced security". Everybody knows a mobile phone is very secure, especially when you lose it and it was unlocked...
- paint, white, rolled on until I can afford to spray paint it
- and... I can't think of anything else urgent.

The trike will be a donor of:

- front wheels
- chain tubes (the strict minimum until I get new ones)
- SPD-SL pedals

After several 1000 km the trike will get nice new wide rims at the front and a general refreshing of new brake cable outers and chain tubes etc. SPD pedals, Shimano sandals and MTB shoes instead of road shoes. The road shoes will live in Agilo, I will strap in rather than clicking in. When I can no longer bend forwards to take my shoes off with them attached to the pedals I am officially too old to drive a vélomobile :p

I have not grown tired of the shape despite it being with me 24/24, that is positive I think. I find it nicer looking than in the photos on the web site in real life, a problem of perspective probably.

I really need to find a (cheap/free) workshop for next time :giggle:

The way is shut, you shall not pass... (Lord of the Rings fans will understand)

door-latch.jpg

Yesterday I fabricated an alternative set (not the same as the one on the plan) of door latches from hole-saw off-cuts and a strip of plywood, 26 grams for the pair. Soon I will be able to varnish the interior of the door. The strip of wood is lubricated with candle wax.

It must be "The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it."
But I'm quite sure that you are very alive ! :p
Can you post some more pictures of the interor ? That really looks great ! :love:
How are the latches being held in open/closed position ?

It must be "The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it."
But I'm quite sure that you are very alive ! :p
Can you post some more pictures of the interor ? That really looks great ! :love:
How are the latches being held in open/closed position ?

Mix of passage under the mountain and Gandalf on the stone bridge :giggle:

The interior is really messy with lots of epoxy stains under the varnish and blobs that haven't been sanded... When the steering etc are mounted I will do some photos.

The latches hold with friction. Old school tech :p

nice work! but i can´t believe you are the only Builder. Are there any other Builders around here?

any other Builders around
Ja, ich habe Plansatz Nr 1 gekauft! Bodo war so nett und hat mir eine Cabrio Version gezeichnet. Nur der Schweizer Holzhandel liefert im passenden Plattenformat auschliesslich 4mm Albasia. Ja super, wiegt nicht mehr - bietet mehr Leimfläche, dachte ich. Dann habe ich begonnen, auf Basis der Baupläne, angepasste Layouts zu entwickeln, denn beim Radkasten z.B. ist 3 Lagen 3mm oder 3 Lagen 4mm viel Unterschied. Also überall.. 'Sowieso' wollte ich etwas tiefer sitzen und ein schmaleres, leichteres Agilo haben, als Hinterradschwinge fand ich ne Schwinge von einem Pitbike, passend für nen Nabenmotor 2Gang und eine schöne Kettenschaltung, statt Nabe auf 20'' Hinterrad. Diese Nachrüst-Mittelmotoren mit @TitanWolf Kurbeln, na ja, lieber nicht diesmal. Gern wollte ich wieder mein Elastomer Federbein vom Strada bauen, diesmal ohne Federbein: Elastomer direkt am Schwingenende an die Karosse.
Natürlich 'musste' ich praktisch neue Pläne auf Basis der Abwicklungen vom Agilo erstellen. Albasia kann man ja gut schleifen, und vieles wird weniger toll passen. Mein rechtes Knie ist Unfall gschädigt (Schublade, kaputter Meniskus), ich hab genug Arbeit und Winterkälte war im kleinen Schopf. Auch ist es entmutigend, viele Ideen zu haben und die dann umsetzen zu wollen. Bodo hat recht: Wer schnell und günstig ein VM will, soll nach Plan bauen, und @anotherkiwi zeigt: Es gibt genug Probleme.
Holz, Federbeine, Schwinge, Federelemente, Felgen, Bremstrommeln, Licht sind da. Leim ist getestet, ich will Wisacoll 676 Hybrid Polymer probieren, ein 1K PUR, der riss in der Probe das Holz auseinander, aber quillt weniger als klassischer PU.
Ein kugelgelagertes Kopierrädchen gibts auch schon.
Also vielleicht werde ich es schaffen, mein df's No 001 cabrio agilo zu fertigen, mit handwerklicher Basis aus IKEA hacking und anderem. Nur Alter, Knie, und Zeit, leider, leider. Wäre schon super, wenn ich @anotherkiwi zeigen könnte, was in puncto Gewicht und Türengängikeit drin liegt:p. Die Bodenplatte wird 760mm breit, das Original misst 820mm. Die Länge sollte etwa 2250mm werden. Also ziemlich wie ein Strada, nur kürzer. Doof ist die Kettenführung. Ich habe mich auf 'oben rüber' festgelegt wil ich ja eh nicht viel Kraft in den Beinen habe. Das Elastomer ist das runde schwarze, 40mm Federweg. Die Schwinge wiegt noch 1700g leider, nach Erleichterungsmassnahmen.
( CNC Fabrikations Phantasien hab ich keine, gute Pläne und einfaches Werkzeug zum Fahrzeug bauen finde ich super (ok, in meinem Fall sind das keine guten Plöne mehr, sondern experimentelle)).
20210314_112423.jpgBild 2021-03-14 um 11.48.21.jpg

Nabenmotor 2Gang und eine schöne Kettenschaltung, statt Nabe auf 20'' Hinterrad
Die Schweiz hat ja auch ein paar Hügel. Wie machst Du das dann mit dem Schaltwerk am 20" Hinterrad ohne das da was auf dem Boden schleift? oder kompensiert der Motor die dann fehlenden Gänge? Was für eine Übersetzung war denn geplant?
Die Bodenplatte wird 760mm breit, das Original misst 820mm.
ist das ein Zufallsmaß durch andere Änderungen entstanden oder erhoffst Du dir irgendeinen Vorteil daraus?

Ich wollte demnächst auch anfangen zu bauen. Vielleicht findet sich ja noch der ein oder andere zum Erfahrungsaustausch

Ah you have the plans!?

The plan is for a gear hub - the best option is the Rohloff of course. I cant afford a Rohloff so I am using an Alfine 8 and double chainrings on a Bafang BBS01 clone which gives me 498% gear range.

Ich nehm ein 24'' Hinterrad, und einen 2Gang Xiongda. Früher hatte ich mal einen kleinen Cute 100, war nicht mal so übel. 760mm ist die Breite vom Strada und mein Agilo soll deutlich tiefer liegen wie das 'echte', auch wegen Einstieges. Weniger Stirnfläche ist auch schneller bei ohne Motor. 10 Gang am 20'' Rad geht schon auch. Sieht nur bisschen komisch aus. Das Agilo Konzept ist schon heftig für Tretlagerantrieb / Nabenschaltung gedacht. Das 24'' Rad siehst du auf meinem 'Plan'.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Zurück
Oben Unten