erledigt Quattrovelo #47

For Sale: Quattrovelo nr 47

Purchased from new in December 2017

Very good condition, although there are some scratches; I’ve tried to highlight them in the photos.

It has been in no accidents and has no damage aside from aforementioned scratches.

Low mileage at: 2284km

Shredda tyres all round.

Optional Extras:

Two tone metallic Audi Java green lower, white upper

Rohloff mid drive

Racehood

Child seat with windows; the seat is hardly used.

TRP Spyre Rear disc brakes

Two rearview mirrors with metallic Audi Java green cones

90mm drum brakes

Lift handle

Arm rests

Reinforced carbon rear that can support a hitch

Nearly new KMC E1 EPT bike chain fitted between Rohloff and rear axle.

Alarm with remote control integrated into electrical equipment; indicators flash when alarm siren is on.

Yellow decals fitted instead of standard white and matching yellow reflectors fitted to the wheel rims.

Dual Lock fitted in and around QV to place lights, cameras or navigation/phone units.

Made a mini-visor inspired by another velonaut.

As I fitted e-assist I swapped the 130BCD chainring for a 110BCD chainring which fitted the motor; I still have the original bottom bracket and spider/cranks.

The bike is not offered for sale with e-assist.

Can also be seen on the Velo Ads Youtube channel:

For sale at €9999

IMG_6740 med quality.jpgIMG_6749.jpgIMG_6750.jpgIMG_6753.jpgIMG_6758.jpgIMG_6759.jpgIMG_6763.jpgIMG_6771.jpgIMG_6773.jpg

Hi Andrew, since I have my own QV I'm not interested (although I love your choice of color!), but... why are you selling it? QV's don't get much better than this!

Hi Andrew, since I have my own QV I'm not interested (although I love your choice of color!), but... why are you selling it? QV's don't get much better than this!
Hi, I know, crazy eh? ;-) Thanks for the compliment, it took me a while to get the colours right including the decals. I haven't really used it over the past year hence the very low mileage and I still haven't had a chance to fix my DF, which I'm just about to do; Other priorities and the next 6-9 months will be busy too and the velomobiles might even get in the way over that period due to work at home. I'll see how I feel next year depending on work and study. Best that they get used by someone :)

Hi Andrew.
Is this the standard QV, or the XL version? I probably shouldn't be looking or asking, but it's rare to see a nice tidy velo come up for sale in the UK!

I'm 1m93 with long legs so don't think I'd fit in the normal QV.
Thanks,
Phil

Hi Andrew.
Is this the standard QV, or the XL version? I probably shouldn't be looking or asking, but it's rare to see a nice tidy velo come up for sale in the UK!

Thanks,
Phil
Hi Phil,
This is the standard size; you'd have to ask Theo but you are on the limit for a regular QV. Ironically the QV feels quite big to me, even my standard DF feels a little bit big to me but then I am slim and 1.73m.

Best,
Andrew

Thanks for the quick reply Andrew.
That's probably a mercy - I don't have wifely approval for such a purchase anyway :)
Good luck with the sale.

Hi Andrew.

Thanks,
Phil
If you have small feet and short cranks you might be able to get away with it (the normal nose will allow you to sit lower), but I think a QV+ would be a better idea. I'm 1.94m with huge feet and have more than enough space in the +, but am running 155mm cranks which make up extra space at both the top and bottom.

I am going to the South of France with a van or large car over the next few weeks/month so I may be able to deliver to Germany, as long as it is near the French border.

Hi Andrew - if my budget wasn't so tight, I would have probably bought it already. After many years of silent reading and thinking about - the QV would definitely be my dream one (and yours mostly has the multi purpose specs I'm looking for). Tough decision though on a tight budget while having never been able to do a testride (living in ROI at moment). Anyway I am planning to go to Northern Italy beginning of September which could be close to your route (depending on what part of south France you aim for) - I am seriously considering at moment - if you don't find a more decisive buyer, keep me in mind - there's a good chance I go full irresponsible in a week or two...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi Andrew - if my budget wouldn't be so tight, I would have probably bought it already. After many years of silent reading and thinking about - the QV would definitely be my dream one (and yours mostly has the multi purpose specs I'm looking for). Tough decision though on a tight budget while having never been able to do a testride (living in ROI at moment). Anyway I am planning to go to Northern Italy beginning of September which could be close to your route (depending on what part of south France you aim for) - I am seriously considering at moment - if you don't find a more decisive buyer, keep me in mind - there's a good chance I go full irresponsible in a week or two...
Hi there, I'm going to a place near Cannes, so quite close to the border of Italy. I will only bring the QV of course if I have a buyer lined up. Are you moving to Italy then, as otherwise it makes more sense to pick up from Dublin? Feel free to loosen those reigns (aka budget). Do you already own a velomobile? If not then I suggest you try one out, which should be possible given your location; if you have, then a QV is a more comfortable and safer version of what you've tried already (it's rock steady at speed). How tall are you?

Hey Andrew - I'm 1.80 m tall, never had neither cycled a velomobile, but read and informed myself mainly over this forum here for the last few years. The dream is there and I know that the QV is momentarily the most efficient compromise between speed, comfort, luggage space and fun. I'm planning for now to stay in ROI and Dublin is close enough for collecting as well - but I was also planning to stay 2 months in Italy and then head to near Nuremberg before hitting the Republic again in January - are you traveling anyway over Dublin or Rosslare port and then Cherbourg or did you intend to travel over the Canal? I could see myself doing both - storing it away for a few months in Ireland and also actually using it for its purpose and travel (and simply ride it from the continent to the ferry in the end)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hey Andrew - I'm 1.80 m tall, never had neither cycled a velomobile, but read and informed myself mainly over this forum here for the last few years. The dream is there and I know that the QV is momentarily the most efficient compromise between speed, comfort, luggage space and fun. I'm planning for now to stay in ROI and Dublin is close enough for collecting as well - but I was also planning to stay 2 months in Italy and then head to near Nuremberg before hitting the Republic again in January - are you you traveling anyway over Dublin or Rosslare port and then Cherbourg or did you intend to travel over the Canal? I could see myself doing both - storing it away for a few months in Ireland and also actually using it for its purpose and travel (and simply ride it from the continent to the ferry in the end)
I see. No, I live in Hertfordshire and no plans to go to Ireland at the mo. 1.80m is a good fit for the QV; if they made a QV (S) I’d be tempted as I like having the right bike size; I’m 1.73m and slim; no plans for that though as far as I know.

Zurück
Oben Unten