Quads Diskussionen-Unterrubrik?

Hallo Steffen,

Als Antidiskriminierungsmaßnahme zum Minderheitenschutz könnte ich ja beantragen, dass die Trike-Unterkategorie absofort "gegendert" und in >OMT<, bzw. deutsch ausführlich >OMSLR< umbenannt gehört :D

ich zitiere mal Reinhard, besser könnte ich das nicht ausdrücken:

..bitte nicht.

Trikes schließt auch Quads ein, Velomobile auch Vierradvelomobile.. Zumindest sehe ich keinen Grund, da eine separate "Trennung" vorzunehmen, welche potentielle Besucher marginalisiert und teilt.

Sonst kommt der Nächste und will für sein Hexabike auch eine eigene Subkategorie. Oder für sein Fünfrad mit Ersatzrad.

Viele Grüße
Wolf

Hallo @Reinhard,

Thank you very much for the renaming of the "Trike" subforum to ''Trike/Quad" subforum,
as I suggested in the Velomo Hi-Q2 - leichtes Fully-Pion-Quad answering @rotas.
Thanks to the Italians also, so to say!
Tschüß, HansNL

Dear All,

Sorry English again.

The way the fora that are nowadays in practice look more or less the same.
Subdivisions galore and switching between categories is a bit cumbersome.
Sometimes discussions could fit into several categories at the same time.
Sometimes forummembers get angry if remarks are made that doesn't fit
in with their idea what is on topic or not. See remarks about motorassist in
a thread about muscle-powered trikes.

E.g. the Velomo Hi-Q2 - leichtes Fully-Pion-Quad
That could fit in Trikes (and now Trikes/Quads) Velomobiles, eBikes, Cargobikes
Workbikes, Workquads, RaceQuads, Protoype, Work-in-Progress. Indeed what
@TitanWolf says we need not too many subdivisions

At the moment my ideal Forumsoftware would be entirely tagdriven. The whole
presently used taxonomy could be scrapped afaiac.

As writer you can tag your comment with the tags you find appropriate. The members
of the Forum could subscribe to the tags that pique their interest. A tag-cloud or tagbar
would make it possible to look up other threads in the Forum. Also a combination of tags
to subscribe to would be interesting.

So if you open the forum, your special interest threads (date-limited) are shown right away.

Point of discussion would or could be if tag-creation is free or regulated. A prescribed set
of tags are to be used or the writer can make up its own (in limited way perhaps).

Probably I also would favor a GUI that offered vertical scrolling only, at the same time
limiting the length of sentences so as to create better readability. Sometimes posts are
totally unreadable with ease because of the overlong sentences, specially if one has the
window expanded to the whole screen.

Having looked a little bit around I found that Xenforo als offers the possibilty of using tags.
Would probably cost extra money. I seem to remember having seen tags here, but could be
mistaken about that.

Have you ever been looking into these possibilities, perhaps @Reinhard. (Oh, please not again
only a "Nein" or "Ja"; yeah, I know you're a man of not too many words. ;))

Up to now after after some cursory searching I found http://flarum.org/ that comes close to
what I seem to envision. Open source and still in beta. But dear reader: YMMV!

Any thoughts anybody?
(Oh, BTW this not a suggestion or wish to overhaul this whole forum. I can perfectly "live" here
and like it immensely in the present form! What Xenforo offers is/seems state of the present art (y))
Salut les gars! HansNL

Hi Hans,

a tag-driven forum platform/framework wouldn't work for many users, as most users don't care about the tags but merely about the title and/or content.

So you could expect to see as a result the following case: that most users would post in/open threads which include zero tags but are described and formed by their title/original (first) posting.

This wouldn't work. Even in forum platform/framework builds where tags are allowed and listed, they are often (even in big communities) ignored or not used.

(Wholely aside the fact that most threads would include different topics and so tags, which oftenly change in a matter of one to two postings..)

Probably I also would favor a GUI that offered vertical scrolling only, at the same time
limiting the length of sentences so as to create better readability.

This is actually the case here: They are cut to the next line fitting your window resolution. If they are still too long for your preferences, you can easily adjust the size of the text and/or graphical design until it fits your needs (it will still get cut at the possible ending of your window resolution, so bigger text = lower amount of letters per line).

Best regards
Wolf

Hi Wolf
This is actually the case here: They are cut to the next line fitting your window resolution. If they are still too long for your preferences, you can easily adjust the size of the text and/or graphical design until it fits your needs (it will still get cut at the possible ending of your window resolution, so bigger text = lower amount of letters per line).

Best regards
Wolf

Hi Wolf,

Thanks for the comments!(y)

About the length of the sentences. I am afraid that I am not going to adapt the resolution of my window to create a better readability. How many people would really do that I wonder, also based on the fact that they hardly know about ways to make a text better readable. They accept the text as is, as what s shown them upfront. I wonder also how many people still use relatively small screens and have their browser open totally occupying all screen estate. Designing a website the designers should restrict the width of text block, 50 - 75 charcters per line. Seelink provide below. ;) Fluid design is out.

OR

About the length of the sentences. I am afraid that I am not going to adapt the resolution
of my window to create a better readability. How many people would really do that I wonder,
also based on the fact that they hardly know about ways to make a text better readable.
They accept the text as is, as what s shown them upfront.

I wonder also how many people still use relatively small screens and have their browser open
totally occupying all screen estate. Designing a website the designers should restrict the
width of text block, 50 - 75 characters per line. See link provide below. ;) Fluid design is out.

In this link : https://baymard.com/blog/line-length-readability they write very eloquent
about it. I can't do better then that.

One of the best examples in my opinion is http://tiddlywiki.com/ :cool: The texts are in a story river
to the left (our brain is conditioned to start reading to the left of the page) and structuring elements
and links to other info (files) are shown to the right. (The ideas behind tiddlywiki is a whole
different matter of course, but the creator describes to the philosophy of restricting text block width.)

Love to discuss stuff with you!(y)
Cheers! HansNL

Hello Hans,

the difference is in a new paragraph vs. a cut-off line. A new paragraph oftenly betters the readability of texts, sure. The length does not matter so much for this. "Blocks" made from paragraph-less texts disturb and annoy.

.. also based on the fact that they hardly know about ways to make a text better readable.

Firefox: CTRL/STRG and + to make everything bigger, CTRL/STRG and - to make everything smaller. You can also select the checkbox for "only zoom text" instead of everything.

Other browsers offer similiar functions. On Touchscreens: sweep with two fingers in contrary directions to zoom in.

They accept the text as is, as what s shown them upfront.

Not, if they use high resolution screens.. Ever looked on 4K in 24"? You'll either want a browser which zooms responsibly itself or to use the zoom function.

I wonder also how many people still use relatively small screens and have their browser open
totally occupying all screen estate.

How does a shorter line help with this? If it is not adapted to the window size, then you'll have alot of free, unused room in each posting (on the right side) in most cases.

Designing a website the designers should restrict the
width of text block, 50 - 75 characters per line.

It wholely depends on what the website shows on it.. If there is mostly just text, because a forum lives from text postings.. then a row/line length of 75 characters would ruin the efficient usage of most of the screen. Another story is the use on imageheavy websites: Aside of images and animations, videos or HTML5 features you can for sure keep the lines/rows shorter.

One of the best examples in my opinion is http://tiddlywiki.com/ :cool:

Wait, you mean this site as well, right? http://tiddlywiki.com/static.html

How is that short in line/row-length? Or do you speak about the discussion groups on google groups?

Best regards
Wolf

Zurück
Oben Unten